torstai 5. tammikuuta 2012

Thoughts of the Sick

- Pt. 1: Revision -

Things are just a bit different
For me, for you, for the one next to you
See the ones face and rip it off as you see
It's stolen from you.

Things aren't the same anymore
i've changed, you've changed
And not everybody are changed to be better from the past
But that's how it goes.

I'm trying to not think the dark way
But it just suits me now
I think? You tell me
But I'll change - some day

Make your mind between me and who you want me to be
'Cause this here is me and it's all I can be
Make your mind between me and who I should've been
I'll eventually change but it won't happen today

The day isn't as bright as before
I don't get it, is it better now?
It is, but I just seem to be blind

Describe me the colour of life and love
So I could live it through you
Describe me the shape and the texture
So I could feel it through you

Make your mind between me and who you want me to be
'Cause this here is me and it's all I can be

Accept me as I am, it's all I want you to do
This is what I am, and I will be different
But this isn't the day.

- Pt. 2: [Justify/Purify/Infect] -

It starts again.
Face of a stranger as my mask
Ripped off, stolen from you
Look in the mirror
See me instead of you

It falls apart.
Your eyes. Beautiful.
That's the difference
Between the person and the picture
Can I be you? Just for one day?

That's how it goes.
A sudden feeling of being sick
In a bad way, will I get better?
No, I'm just fine like this
This isn't the day for being sick

It ain't last forever.
IT WILL FALL APART
And I will go away
BUT THIS AIN'T THE DAY
I can't go on forever
IT TAKES TOO MUCH
Shut up.
Who asked you?
Just do what you are told to.

[click]

FUCK THIS.
JUSTIFY.
FEEL THIS.
PURIFY.
EAT THIS.
INFECT.
SEE THIS.
silence.

- Pt. 3: Realize -

I see a light
I'm laying in bed
I cannot feel
And I cannot speak

What have I done?
Are everybody gone?
Why is the air dead?
Is anyone left?

...No.

[Realize what you've done]
NO!
[You think you can choose?]
FUCK NO!

What have I done...

PLEASE BE A NIGHTMARE
PLEASE
PLEASE BE A NIGHTMARE
PLEASE

[It's over now. This was "Thoughts of the Sick"]




---




This is something I wrote some time ago, I first sent it to DA. I was mainly inspired by Slipknot, and the words suit a very dark trash/nu metal kind of song structure, although it's written to be a medley (a serie of many songs) consisting of these three different parts, each with their own atmosphere. I improvised it almost completely, and I was pretty happy about it in the end. But a song is never complete.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti